Thursday, January 3, 2008

Farewell 2007

I really feel the need to inventory last year. If I don’t, I’m afraid the whole thing will be colored by my grief - and I know there were many good things that happened.
January
Found out Dad had inoperable bladder Cancer
February
Book in Hand exhibition opened at ALL Gallery (I curated)
Applied for faculty research grant
Gave Artist’s Talk at ALL Gallery
March
Taught Visual Journal Keeping at the Celebrating Women’s Creativity Conference
April
Turned in files to apply for tenure
Launched parts of a new (somewhat improved) website
May
House-sat for sister in Richmond, VA (1 nine year old, 2 teenagers, 3 dogs & two elderly parents)
June
Learned to eat fire (3 performances)
Left for Norway
July
Returned from Norway early (just couldn’t be that far from Dad at the time)
August
Applied for a Fulbright
Found out best friend is moving away
Went to see Dad and celebrate Mom’s Bday
Scripted and rehearsed “Understanding Appliances: the extensions of woman”
September
Marsha McLuhan performed in Leeds, UK at (re)Actor
Applied for Sabbatical
October
Kid turned Nine
Applied for faculty research grant
Kid & I performed in another community circus
November
Applied for American-Scandinavian Foundation research grant
Dad died Thanksgiving week
Spent week in Virginia helping with funeral and being with family
December
Bjørn traveled to Oslo & London
Granted tenure & sabbatical (it’s official!)
Cozy Christmas in New Haven with Friends
Began mourning losses
Set up a blog to go with website

(Not included on this list: classes, committee work, teaching prep, parenting, etc. I know I'm also probably forgetting things...)

No comments: